promoting anti-discriminatory practice
Anti-discriminatory practice basically means working in a way that does not discriminate against anyone. It is dangerous for workforces to assume that all staff automatically operate in an anti-discriminatory way. Many staff may not be aware that they are being discriminatory, so it is therefore essential for employers to recognise the importance of training and mentoring staff to align themselves with your anti-discriminatory policy.
There are many ways to do this, and 360 diversity helps you to bring diversity into the heart of your organisation, sending a clear message to all staff that diversity is valued and discrimination is not acceptable.
How can 360 diversity help with your anti-discriminatory practice?
- 360 diversity educates staff, so the unknown is no longer scary.
- 360 diversity brings the broader equality agenda into the workplace, emphasizing how seriously you as an employer view equality & diversity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- You can ask staff for feedback in anonymous polls to see how effective you as an organization are at promoting anti-discriminatory practice.
- The forums can be used to explore acceptable terminology.
- Staff have easy access to your HR team and Diversity Champions.